Obama's Famous Speech on Race: Part 2, with Special Guest Tracy Denean Sharpley-Whiting
April 19th, 2020
54 mins 16 secs
About this Episode
Our fascinating conversation continues! We break down one of Obama's most pivotal and influential speeches of all time with our guest, Tracy Denean Sharpley-Whiting, the author of The Speech: Race and Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union."
Join us in this episode to learn:
- Obama uses the NLP technique of separating intention from behavior in order to soothe a frightened audience; how does he do it?
- Using code switching in order to communicate messages of peace to a multiracial audience
- The "Metaphorical Leap" language pattern and how it is used
- Advanced pacing and leading that is done below conscious awareness
- How parallelism is used to connect multiple stories together: Obama's story, America's story, and the story of how a young white girl and an old black man came together for a purpose.
- A special segment toward the end where Obama references someone that Alex has a special, personal connection to.
- And more!
Remember to visit our website and support us through Patreon!
You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
(Theme Music: "Night Owl" by Broke For Free from Free Music Archive, CC BY 3.0)Support Subliminally Correct