Our fascinating conversation continues! We break down one of Obama's most pivotal and influential speeches of all time with our guest, Tracy Denean Sharpley-Whiting, the author of The Speech: Race and Barack Obama's "A More Perfect Union."
Join us in this episode to learn:
- Obama uses the NLP technique of separating intention from behavior in order to soothe a frightened audience; how does he do it?
- Using code switching in order to communicate messages of peace to a multiracial audience
- The "Metaphorical Leap" language pattern and how it is used
- Advanced pacing and leading that is done below conscious awareness
- How parallelism is used to connect multiple stories together: Obama's story, America's story, and the story of how a young white girl and an old black man came together for a purpose.
- A special segment toward the end where Obama references someone that Alex has a special, personal connection to.
- And more!
(Theme Music: "Night Owl" by Broke For Free from Free Music Archive, CC BY 3.0)Support Subliminally Correct