They Kill Our People, but I'm OK with It: Trump on Iran
January 11th, 2020
38 mins 33 secs
About this Episode
Is that spy story featuring deep intelligence and bad business based in fact, or just TV drama? Trump meets with the PM of Greece but it turns into a press conference about the killing of Iran's general Soleimani, and it reveals his intentions, motives, and persuasive tactics.
Listen to this episode to find out:
- How to answer someone's deepest concerns or fears without actually giving many details
- Whether communicators like Pete Buttigieg are naturally persuasive, or whether this is a trained capacity brought by years of talking to consultants
- Why Trump chose to strike Gen. Soleimani at the time he did and his evidence for the strike
- Mike Pompeo's quick summary of the action and what it reveals about how to talk persuasively
- The Good vs Evil archetype and the struggle of American prosperity
- One commonly used Value Judgment language pattern and how it was used to delete who actually is making a decision on whether something is good or bad
- And more!
Remember to visit our website and support us through Patreon!
You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
(Theme Music: "Night Owl" by Broke For Free from Free Music Archive, CC BY 3.0)Support Subliminally Correct