Jim Jordan's Tongue Twisters and the Impeachment Inquiry
November 22nd, 2019
35 mins 16 secs
About this Episode
In the first impeachment hearings, we examine congressman Jim Jordan's methods of persuasion and influence, along with a press conference clip featuring President Trump's framing of the whole process.
We begin with a softball question asked by right-leaning OAN's reporter who gives Donald Trump an easy platform to monologue the day away, and then take a listen to Jim Jordan as he procedes to persuade. We break down several of Jordan's devices of framing.
Take a listen to this episode to learn:
- How Jordan uses a classic car sales technique to convert a reluctant witness over to his side!
- The threat that John Ratcliff issues to Adam Schiff, disguised as simply part of parlimentary procedure
- Using repetition along with deductive fallacies to create confusion
- Tongue-twisters and what they have to do with the serious business of impeachment
- Overwhelming with ordinals - 6 people having 4 conversations in 1 sentence
- And more!
Remember to visit our website and support us through Patreon!
You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
(Theme Music: "Night Owl" by Broke For Free from Free Music Archive, CC BY 3.0)Support Subliminally Correct