In the first impeachment hearings, we examine congressman Jim Jordan's methods of persuasion and influence, along with a press conference clip featuring President Trump's framing of the whole process.
We begin with a softball question asked by right-leaning OAN's reporter who gives Donald Trump an easy platform to monologue the day away, and then take a listen to Jim Jordan as he procedes to persuade. We break down several of Jordan's devices of framing.
Take a listen to this episode to learn:
- How Jordan uses a classic car sales technique to convert a reluctant witness over to his side!
- The threat that John Ratcliff issues to Adam Schiff, disguised as simply part of parlimentary procedure
- Using repetition along with deductive fallacies to create confusion
- Tongue-twisters and what they have to do with the serious business of impeachment
- Overwhelming with ordinals - 6 people having 4 conversations in 1 sentence
- And more!
(Theme Music: "Night Owl" by Broke For Free from Free Music Archive, CC BY 3.0)Support Subliminally Correct