In this episode we listen to clips from a joint press conference by Republican leadership in the wake of Nancy Pelosi announcing an impeachment inquiry of Donald Trump.
We hear in this episode a high degree of spin from the Republicans, and persuasion skills are at the forefront! Take a listen to this episode to find out:
- The key transitional phrase that Republican leaders keep using in order to pace and lead the audience
- What Nancy Pelosi has to do with the classical game of Plinko from the Price is Right, and this hilarious analogy and linkage
- The key phrases that the speakers use that let you know they just lied and how you can be on the lookout for them
- How selective attention is being used to focus you only on the facts they want you to see
- The "They/We" switch and why pronoun usage is so important when analyzing persuasive messages
- A breakdown of linking cause and effect statements and what this has to do with Trump
- The distraction game and how Corey Lewandowski makes an appearance
- Taylor's favorite nominalization in all of politics
- The "Big Reveal" - how listening to this press conference a few days after it aired shows a shocking revelation that not even the Republicans knew had already happened!
- And much more!
(Theme Music: "Night Owl" by Broke For Free from Free Music Archive, CC BY 3.0)Support Subliminally Correct