On this episode we take a look at Joe Biden's recent 2020 campaign rally in Philadelphia. Biden has been a favorite to run for many people, and we see how he leans upon this strengths and dismisses his weaknesses in this speech. Listen to this episode to learn:
- Why Biden's theme music was so carefully chosen for this venue, and what it conveys
- Historical framing back to Abraham Lincoln, the Statue of Liberty, and the Declaration of Independence, and how he uses these to create a nostalgic effect in the listener
- The brilliant way that Biden's advisors have crafted for him to be tough on Trump and also not get into a name-calling contest
- Biden's vision of America: A beacon of hope that will not be extinguished on his watch
- The values that all Pennsylvanians ascribe to, and why Biden's quote of a famous poet reveals his affinity for another state
- The Moderate's way of acknowledging the LGBT communtity and women's movement
- Why Trump is not the only one trafficking in division, but is still the "Divider in Chief".
- Biden's 3 reasons for running, and how all of them are abstract promises that can fit any agenda
- How Biden intends to compromise with Republicans in order to "make government work" and at the same time, enact a progressive agenda
- How he utilizes a "reverse" call and response tactic in order to work up the crowd
- And more!
For our loyal listeners, we've decided to upgrade our release schedule so that each episode will now come out on Tuesday mornings so that you can enjoy during your morning commute. Thank you for your support, and if you enjoy the show please consider chipping in through Patreon.
(Theme Music: "Night Owl" by Broke For Free from Free Music Archive, CC BY 3.0)Support Subliminally Correct