Digitally Correct, with Special Guest Emma Kraus
May 10th, 2019
1 hr 1 min 4 secs
About this Episode
We're joined by Emma Kraus, a digital strategist who specializes in campaign social media, email, and peer-to-peer texting. We ask Emma our burning questions about digital fundraising and campaign ads, including:
- Who is being most effective at using ads currently, and whether some campaigns are better at digital fundraising than others.
- The sneaky Facebook strategy that both Kamala Harris and Amy Klobuchar use to sign people up for their e-mail lists.
- The two most valuable pieces of information that a campaign can have about you.
- How a campaign can know exactly who you are, including your Facebook profile and use that to market to people like you.
- Why your last donation amount is so important to campaigns and how it might determine which events you are invited to.
- How taking a simple three question survey gives campaigns a big edge.
- How Julian Castro and Cory Booker's campaigns tackled the same event two different ways,
- And more!
Link to a PDF of the ads that we reviewed on this show to follow along with.
Twitter videos that we talked about:
Julian Castro's Ad
Cory Booker's Ad
Remember to visit our website and support us through Patreon!
You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
(Theme Music: "Night Owl" by Broke For Free from Free Music Archive, CC BY 3.0)Support Subliminally Correct