Barr None, Spinning the Mueller Report
April 27th, 2019
48 mins 34 secs
About this Episode
This episode is all about Attorney General William Barr and the recent press conference he held immediately before releasing Bob Mueller's report on Russian interferance in 2016 and the Trump Campaign's cooperation. It's a fascinating speech and really highlights how slight of voice from one public official can alter your thoughts on issues of national importance.
In this episode learn:
- How Barr loads his remarks with persuasion and rhetorical devices to make you believe his summary of the report is true
- The way deliberate ommissions can lead to alternative conclusions in the listener's mind
- How Trump's feelings may have proven his innocence
- Barr's usage of innoculation and framing to plant ideas in the public's mind about the report before anyone could read it
- The softball questions reports have for Barr, and the way he looses his temper even though he has all the power in this situation
- And so much more!
Remember to visit our website and support us through Patreon!
You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
(Theme Music: "Night Owl" by Broke For Free from Free Music Archive, CC BY 3.0)Support Subliminally Correct