In the Candidate's Corner, with Special Guest Tara Swords
April 12th, 2019
48 mins 27 secs
About this Episode
In this episode we are joined by Tara Swords, an executive coach and communications consultant who works on political campaigns in order to strengthen the personal communication skills of politicians. We explore her experiences with coaching candidates and how we all can learn from their experiences. Learn:
- Why empathy is so powerful as a tool to establish rapport
- The top mistakes politicans make in communicating, and how to correct them
- The 3 letter acronym that makes it easy to remember how to address audience questions (a big one!)
- What Joe Biden's gaff tells us about how to train politicians, and what Biden should do now to not get in more trouble
- Who is underrated, and who might be overrated in the 2020 Democratic race
- Whether a candidate should stay true to themselves or model someone who has already been successful
- The communication style differences between Republicans and Democrats
- The difficulties that candidates face on the campaign trail and what to do when stressful situations hit
- Simple tricks you can use to be more likable and persuasive in your everyday life
- And more!
Remember to visit our website and support us through Patreon!
You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook!
(Theme Music: "Night Owl" by Broke For Free from Free Music Archive, CC BY 3.0)Support Subliminally Correct