Was Brett Kavanaugh lying in his Senate hearing? And how might we tell if he was? In part two of our series of the Kavanaugh hearings, we step into how Kavanaugh himself responds to the hearing and allegations, as well as how senators were framing their ideas. We also get to some listener questions. Learn in this episode:
- What Kavanaugh's body language, vocal qualities, and wording suggests about his guilt or innocence.
- Whether the Republicans made a smart move by having Ms. Mitchell, the prosecutor, question Kavanaugh.
- How the hearings might impact the mid-term elections.
- Alternative explanations for why Kavanaugh is so angry.
- Persuasive metaphors offered throughout the testimony by senators for their respective sides.
- How the #MeToo movement showed up in the hearing room that day.
This is part two of a two-part series on the hearings.
(Theme Music: "Night Owl" by Broke For Free from Free Music Archive, CC BY 3.0)Support Subliminally Correct